COVID-19 Protocols at Stonecutters Lodge
The pandemic is the worst thing to have hit the planet for all of us and we are not sure when the danger of transmitting the virus will be over. The levels of the pandemic change from day to day and with that so do the regulations - we will try and update protocols as the information becomes available.
Our mission is to keep guests and staff as safe as possible at Stonecutters
There are so many conflicting protocols out there – not a recognised standard. Our industry is diverse and this property is not a city hotel but a lodge with wide open spaces, so to self-isolate here is easy! However, read the following and rest assured we are keeping us all as safe as possible.
Here is what we can do:
- We make sure your room is 100% clean, aired and has been vacant before and after your visit. We have always prided ourselves on excellent housekeeping standards but we have added another layer of sanitisation with a hospital level sanitiser. All high-level contact areas like handles and remotes are given a lot of attention.
- We make sure our staff are trained on the virus, how to keep themselves and our guests safe. You won’t see their cheery faces under the mask or do any hand shaking but we bid you a warm welcome to Stonecutters nonetheless.
- Our temperatures are taken daily on entry and exit, hand -washing is regular, masks are worn and social distancing is implemented when required.
Here is what you are required to do:
- Wear a mask when entering the office. Sanitise your hands and have temperatures recorded.
- If you have a temperature of 38+ you may NOT proceed to check-in but must leave the property immediately and head home if you arrived in your own vehicle. If you are sharing the trip with others, your entire party cannot check in if one of you have a temperature or are feeling rotten. We can sort out a voucher for a later date.
- A track and trace form must be completed in full - no exceptions.
- If you feel ill please don’t visit, for all our sakes – travel again when you are ok.
Changes to our operation
Should you require housekeeping service during your stay, please vacate the room, go for a walk, fly fish or climb the mountain whilst our staff with masks, gloves, aprons and shoe coverings sort the accommodation out. Should you elect not to have housekeeping during your stay we can still attend to cleaning outside braai/BBQ areas, cleaning dustbins and restocking firewood. There will be kindling and firelighters available for you to reset your fireplace where required. Both family houses do have inside fireplaces and dishwashers.
On checking out, please leave food that you do not want in the fridge and we will dispose of the left-overs safely. Return keys to the office and you will be given an exit code for the gate. .
We are offering breakfast at Stone Manor, indoors or outdoors, with the option of a breakfast basket sent to accommodation. To take the hassle out of self-catering we have a menu of room service dinners that may be ordered in advance of arrival – 24 hours’ notice.Click here for more details
The Cat’s Whiskers Pub
The Lodge is fully licenced to sell alcoholic beverages to be enjoyed at your accommodation or at the Lodge.
At Stonecutters we are far from crowds and towns so if you are self-catering there is very little risk of catching anything but fresh country air!
Please Note: COVID-19 has a long incubation period during which the carriers of the virus may not show symptoms of and may still be highly contagious. We will take every precaution to keep you safe at Stonecutters Lodge but there is always going to be a risk in traveling anywhere whilst the pandemic is with us. Please take heed of all recommendations especially if you have a pre-existing condition that could put you at greater risk. Stonecutters cannot take the risk for you - be careful and stay safe.
Book Direct & Save
Enquire direct through our website by submitting the form below. Please select accommodation from the drop-down arrow. We can assure you of the best deal running at the time of the enquiry and will get in touch with you with a quotation and answer any queries